Scene 360 was founded in 2000, an award-winning online film and arts magazine. A publication that profiles and interviews artists, photographers, designers, filmmakers, musicians, and poets with a focus on their career and analysis of the driving forces behind their work.
Featured guests have included Academy Award-nominated director Julie Taymor, BAFTA winner Michael Winterbottom, contemporary artist Gary Baseman, music video director Floria Sigismondi, alternative pop-rock singer David Fonseca, and many more.
“Creatives in search of inspiration can’t do better than Scene360.com. Covering all manner of trends in the art and film world through in-depth editorial features, reader submissions, interviews, and reviews, Scene360.com is an outstanding resource for collective insight on the artistic pulse of the web.” -AskMen.com.
The Editorial Team
- Adriana de Barros
- Martyn Conterio
Lead Film Critic
- Lech Deregowski
- Jenny Eng
Contributing Arts Editor
- Cathy Lo
Contributing Arts Editor
- Andre Anderson
Social Network Manager
- Mike Philbin
- Stephen O’Shea
- Stuart Balcomb
- Neil de la Flor
- Peter Stamelman
- Christopher Smail
- Anton Bitel
- Michael Lipiner
- Brandon Luhring
Julia Dudnik-Stern, Jeremy Wright, Steve Kraitt, Kevin Spenst, Joanne Shurvell, Angela Rohner, Amy Steele, Elizabeth Yeckley, Gary Beck, Ian Kilpatrick, Louise Robin Happe, Mairead Roche, Roger Sands, Maureen Seaton, Michael Grady Wheeler, Nuno Martins, Olga Zapisek, Richard Asquith, Tim Frank, Veronica Romm, Michael Lipiner, and Yusef Sayed.
Awards and Accolades
- Pixel Awards. Nominee, “Best Magazine,” 2010.
- AskMen.com. Featured as “Site of the Day” on March 9th, 2010.
- Pixel Awards. Nominee, “Best Magazine,” 2009.
- Alexa.com. Featured as the Top 100 “Arts” and “Movies” websites, 2009.
- Pixel Awards. Winner, “Best Magazine,” 2008.
- SXSW Web Awards. Nominee, Classic, 2008.
- Numero Festival. Portuguese Multimedia II Award, Winner, Portugal, 2005.
- SXSW Interactive. Nominee, Redesign/Relaunch, 2003.
- Creative Public Award. Designers of the month “Top 10,” 2003.
- AIGA Cincinnati. Selected as “Top Site” in the “Design” section.
- MSN.com. Site of the Week, October 2002.
- HOW Design. Top Ten Links, January 2002.
- Yahoo.com. New and Notable, issue titled “Around the world in art and back again,” August 28th 2002.
- Radio Comercial. The top radio station in Portugal features Scene 360 as “Site of the Day,” broadcast on show “Internet Comercial.” Sept 16th 2002.
“Scene 360: Impressive range of topics, delivered with decidedly European accent. ” -STEP Inside Design
- A List Apart, featured in article “What I Learned About the Web in 2011,” December 13th, 2011.
- Communication Arts, “Great design. Great content. What’s not to like?” July 31st, 2008.
- OP magazine, August 2005.
- Website 100% Loaded by Feierabend; Feierabend Verlag, Ohg, September 2004.
- STEP – Inside Design, featured in article “Top 10 Design Sites,” May/June 2004.
- Tashen’s 1000 Favorite Websites by Julius Wiedemann, 2003.
- Shift Japan Magazine featured the “Everyday Life Competition,” April Issue 2003.
- Web Design Index 3 a paper back published by Pepin Press, 2002.
RSS and Networks
Receiving 1 million visitors per year, Scene 360 also has a solid subscriber base of 750,000 readers on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Vimeo, and RSS feed. The majority of viewers are from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia. Find out more.
(mt) Media Temple, Inc. is an industry-leading web hosting and software application services company based in Los Angeles, California. Scene 360 is powered by (mt) Media Temple’s (gs) Grid-Server. It is a hosting service that replaces yesterday’s obsolete shared server technology by eliminating roadblocks and single points of failure that occur when hundreds of servers are working in tandem for applications, email, and more. The (gs) Grid-Server’s on-demand scalability means Scene 360 will always be ready for intense bursts of traffic. For more information, visit the (gs) Grid-Server page.